We have launched an online booking tool for our COVID-19 Assessment Centres, which will allow you to book an appointment for testing if you meet provincial testing guidelines. By using the online booking tool, you consent to the collection and use by us and our agents of the personal information your provide for the purpose of booking and managing COVID-19 testing appointments. We will use safeguards to protect your contact information in our systems; however, communication by email and text carries privacy risks.
How will Thames Valley Family Health Team use contact information collected through the online appointment booking tool for its COVID-19 Assessment Centres?
If you provide your email and/or phone number, we will email and/or text you information about your appointment, with:
- The time and date of your appointment, and
- The location and telephone number of the assessment centre.
What should you know about email and text message privacy?
- Email is not always private in the same way that a phone call or letter mail can be private. If someone sees your emails, they may know that you have scheduled an appointment at our COVID assessment centre. They may also see any other information shared in the email.
- Text messages are not likely to be viewed by other individuals, however if your device is lost, stolen, or shared with others, the text could be read by others.
- Thames Valley Family Health Team will never ask you to send your personal identifiers by text message or email (for example, OHIP number or address). If you get a text message or email asking for this information, please do not respond. This may be a harmful message.
Can I use text messages or emails for an emergency?
- No. Do not use text messages or email for medical emergencies. If you need immediate help, call your clinic or health care provider, or go to the Emergency Department of the nearest hospital.
If you have any questions or concerns about your privacy, please contact the Thames Valley Family Health Team Privacy Officer at 519-473-0530, ext. 460 or [email protected]